Department 90 (Senior)
Department 95 (Junior)
Judge, Joseph Pilotte
1. This Open Show is sanctioned by the American Dairy Goat Association, and their rules shall govern. This Youth Show is NOT sanctioned.
2. Breeds will show in the above order. The Show Order is subject to change.
3. Youth Competition is open to TN children, 12th graders and younger. All Youth animals must be registered EXCLUSIVELY in member's name no later than 30 days before the show.
4. All animals must be in place by 8:00 A.M. on Sunday, day of show. Showmanship starts at 9:00 A.M. ANIMALS MUST REMAIN IN PLACE UNTIL COMPLETION OF ENTIRE SHOW AND WILL BE RELEASED UPON COMPLETION OF ENTIRE SHOW. EXHIBITORS LEAVING BEFORE COMPLETION OF SHOW FORFEIT ALL MONIES!!!
5. Entries are not limited, but each exhibitor will be eligible for only 2 monies per class.
6. All entries must be postmarked by entry form deadline. All late entry fees not postmarked by cutoff date or added day of show will be doubled.
7. All Tennessee Health rules shall apply. All goats MUST have a Health Certificate issued within 90 days of the show for Tennessee goats and 30 days for out of state goats. NO GOATS WITH SIGNS OF INFECTIOUS OR CONTAGIOUS DISEASE, NO LYMPH SWELLINGS, DRAINING OR NOT, AND NO SORE MOUTH WILL BE ADMITTED! Decisions of show committee are final. No entry fees will be refunded.
8. Goats under 6 months of age may be shown with stamped duplicate application for registration or recordation issued by ADGA or AGS. Original registration certificates are required on all goats over 6 months.
9. The base date for this show is the day of show. Entry fee is $5.00 per goat. (Entry fee for group classes not required.) Pen fees are $5.00 per pen. Pen sizes average 8x5. NO STRAW ALLOWED IN PENS.
10. No horned animals. No pre-show milkout.
11. All livestock must enter grounds through the Amana Street gate (back gate) to load and unload in designated loading area. Free admission for Exhibitor only.
12. Premiums for Open Show and TN Youth Show: 1st $15, 2nd $10, 3rd $5. All Youth entries not placing in the top 3 will receive $5 per animal. Classes 6 Champion Challenge is Open Show only.
Department 90 - Senior Doe Division
Does that are in milk or milking;
Does who have been dried off.
1. Under 2 years.
2. 2 years and under 3 years
3. 3 years and under 5 years
4. Over 5 years
5. Grand Champion $23 Reserve Champion $18
6. Champion Challenge-(Open Show only)
7. Best Senior Doe in Show (Rosette Only)
Senior Group Classes
8. Get of Sire - 3 animals with same sire
9. Dairy Herd - 4 animals in milk with same owner.
Department 95 - Junior Doe Division
Does under 24 months of age that are not in milk
and have never freshened.
11. Junior kid - June to show date.
12. Intermediate kid - Kids born April, May
13. Senior kid – Kids born February, March
14. Junior yearling – Kids born before
January 31 up to 12 months
15. Senior yearling - 12 to 24 months.
16. Champion Junior Doe - $23
Reserve Champion Junior Doe - $18
Junior Group Classes
17. Best 3 Junior Does from Classes 11 - 15
one entry from same owner
18. Best Junior Doe in show
19. Herdsman Award 1st - $23; 2nd - $18
Awarded for maintenance of the neatest and
cleanest exhibit, observance of all rules and
regulations, and cooperation with fair officials
and fellow exhibitors.