MGR Show Rules – Applicable to Shows A and B
1. Goats must be registered by the Myotonic Goat Registry. The ORIGINAL registration certificate MUST accompany the goat during check-in. Kids under three (3) months of age must be registered for any sanctioned classes. No pending registrations will be accepted at check-in
2. MGR Rules to govern and take precedence over all others.
3. Any issue not specifically addressed in these rules will be decided solely by the show personnel whose decisions will be final.
4. Age eligibility for classes will be determined by date of birth on the registration certificate.
5. The full correct registered name of goat must be used on the entry forms.
6. The name on the entry form must match the Breeder/Exhibitor name on the Reg. Certificate unless you have a signed transfer application dated 45 days or less from the show date.
7. The goat’s permanent ID (USDA Scrapie tag, tattoo, or microchip) must be on the Certificate (as recorded by MGR) and registered with MGR.
8. Goats must be checked in from 7:00 to 8:30 am on Saturday, September 17th. All animals must enter grounds through the Amana Street entrance (back gate) and unload in designated area. Admission is free for Exhibitor only.
9. Goats may arrive Friday after 2pm and will be released immediately after the show.
10. Goats may be sold private treaty. All goats sold must be entered in show.
11. All goats MUST have a health certificate dated not earlier than September 2, 2022, with the show address as the destination. Scrapie rules apply. If microchips are used the exhibitor must furnish a reader. Tattoos must be legible. Scrapie tags are acceptable. An extra copy of the health certificate MUST be provided for retention by the show secretary.
12. All Tennessee Health rules shall apply. Goats will be examined on grounds by show personnel before unloading. Any goat exhibiting signs of disease including open wounds, foot rot, pink eye, sore mouth, abscesses, hair loss associated with mites, healing wounds or lumps will not be admitted.
13. All entries must use the attached form. Entry forms and accompanying entry fees must be received no later than September 7th. Entries received after September 7th will not be accepted. Goats may not be added at the show that were not on the original entry. Substitutions will be allowed at Check-In within the same class only at no charge.
14. Entry fee $10 per animal per show, including kids in sanctioned classes for Does, Bucks, and Platinum Wethers.
15. No refund of entry fees.
16. Pen fee $10. Pen size is 5’ X 5’. Show personnel will assign pens. Feed and equipment must be furnished by exhibitor. Shavings only. Absolutely no straw allowed.
17. No alcoholic beverages or smoking permitted in barns or show arena.
18. All exhibitors, by entry of animals, agree to abide by all rules of the Lincoln County Fair are subject to all rules published in the Lincoln County Fair Catalog. Fair officials and show personnel assume no liability for any loss, damages, or accidents to persons, animals, or property. Youth exhibitors must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
19. Premiums for Show B Only: 1st $15, 2nd $12 ,3rd $9, 4th $6.
Animals for both Show A and Show B are to be entered using the accompanying form. Please indicate whether the animal is to be shown in both shows or a single show by marking the appropriate box or boxes for Show A and/or Show B