1. An entry fee of $5.00 per animal will be charged. No late entries. All entries must be postmarked no later than registration deadline on entry form.Only two breeds per exhibitor.
2. September 1 is to be used as the base date for computing ages of sheep. The lambs must have all lamb teeth.
3. All sheep exhibited must be registered in the flock books of their respective breeds and bear tattoos or ear tags of their respective American Association before entering the ring.
4. Certificate of Veterinary Inspection and meet the requirements of the Scrapie Program.
5. Exhibitors are limited to two entries in each individual class and to one entry in any group class.
6. All entries must be on the grounds by 11:00 A.M. on the day of the show, and may leave after show is completed.
7. Open show champions and reserve champions will pay $15 and $10 respectively rather than plaques; Youth show champions and reserve champions will receive plaques only.
8. Youth member’s competition is open to youth members from any location that have completed 12th Grade and under as of January 1 of the current calendar year. Exhibitors must be able to show their animals by themselves. To receive Youth monies, animal must be shown by the youth member under whose name the animal is registered.
9. Animals must be registered in the exhibitor's name 30 days or more preceding opening date of this show.
10. All animals must be exhibited by the owner, and no one will be allowed to assist the exhibitor in the ring unless requested by the judges or show superintendent. Youth participating must be old enough to show own animal.
11. Exhibitors arriving later than 11:00 A.M. from another show must provide note from that show's superintendent verifying time the show concluded.
12. Due to limited barn space, the first 300 entries will be accepted.
13. Youth classes will include only Ewe classes. NO RAMS.
14. All livestock must enter grounds through Amana Street gate (back gate) to load and unload at designated area. Free admission for Exhibitor only.
Premiums for Open Show and Youth Show: 1st $23, 2nd $18, 3rd $10, 4th $8, 5th $6. All Youth entries not placing in the top 5 will receive $5 per animal.
Showmanship will begin at 4:00 P.M
Beginner (Ages: 4th grade & Under); Junior (5th-6th grade); Junior High (7th-8th grade); Senior (9th-12th grade)
RAM CLASSES FOR OPEN SHOW ONLY.
1. Senior Ram Lamb (Born September 1 to December 31 last year)
2. Early Junior Ram Lamb (Born January 1 to February 15 this year)
3. Late Junior Ram Lamb (Born February 16 to April 30 this year)
4. Pair of Ram Lambs (Classes 3, 4 & 5)
5. Champion Ram (Open Show - $15) Reserve Champion Ram (Open Show - $10)
6. Sr. Yearling Ewes (Born September 1, two years ago to February 15 last year).
7. Jr. Yearling Class (Born February 16 last year to August 31, last year)
8. Pair of Yearling Ewes
9. Senior Ewe Lambs (Born September 1 to December 31, last year)
10. Early Junior Ewe Lambs (Born January 1 to January 31, this year)
11. Intermediate Junior Ewe Lambs (Born February 1 to February 28 this year)
12. Late Junior Ewe Lambs (Born March 1 to April 30, this year)
13. Pair of Ewe Lambs
14. Champion Ewe-$15, Reserve Champion Ewe - $10 (Youth Show - plaques only)
15. Pen of Four (1 ram - 3 ewes) (Open show only).
16. Tennessee Bred by Exhibitor (Youth show only). One entry per exhibitor per breed. For ewes only. Champion - Plaque.
17. Herdsman Award - $15, $12 (1st & 2nd place only)
*An exception to the above classifications of sheep may be made when an exhibitor wishes to enter a younger animal in the next older age classification. In no case will an older animal be entered in a younger age classification than its birthday would permit.